PLEASE can someone explain Vegas Denom and Stakes to me before I go nuts?

Forum General Chat PLEASE can someone explain Vegas Denom and Stakes to me before I go nuts?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ulrichburke
    Participant

Dear Anyone.

Hokay. So I’ve watched NG Slots a few times. And I can’t work out what’s going on with Vegas slots, and it’s driving me nuts!

Pretend you’ve got 20 lines on a Vegas machine (to keep it simple for my brane’s sake!) And the denom’s 10c. Why isn’t the max. bet $2? 20 x 10c?

And when they get those coins on Lightning Link (or Dragon Link, they’re all the same, no? Tell me if they’re not.) and they all say things like 4500 or 1250 or whatever, NG says ‘Total is $450. Not bad.’ And you’re looking at all these BEEG numbers which add up to more than 450! What’s going on there?

Really, I don’t understand how the stakes are working out. Why the machine can be called a ‘penny slot’ yet the money’s going down in $20 amounts? Is that because it’s got 2000 winlines, so a penny a winline?

Can SOMEONE explain it all to me, I can’t find it explained so I can understand it ANYWHERE!

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

P.S. I might have posted this before here, if I DID and you answered it I’m not being a troll, just a forgetful human, rub my nose in the original answer.

Hideous
    Keymaster

Usually the total bet is made from the Coin value * Number of Coins per line * Number of lines.

This is pretty common across all older online slots and the ones you see in Vegas! I can’t comment on NG slots video as I haven’t watched them, but I do agree that it can be pretty confusing. Regulation encourages online slots to now show amounts in the relevant currency.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.