PayPal has become one of the most trusted payment methods at New Zealand casinos over the years, for a number of reasons. As an established vendor, consumers can rest assured that their payments are safe and secure with PayPal, using this method of payment for a variety of online shopping alongside gambling. Ultimately, this has led to a rise in NZ PayPal casinos, with many players favouring this method over the more traditional card or bank transfer methods available.
If you aren't familiar with PayPal or a PayPal casino, it is an e-Wallet, which means it is a method of spending online, where your funds are stored securely in an online digital wallet, rather than a conventional bank account.
|💎 Best Online Casino NZ||LeoVegas||💎 Best Online Casino Bonus NZ||JackpotCity Casino|
|💎 Best New Online Casino NZ||Mr Vegas||💎 Best Mobile Online Casino NZ||Dream Vegas|
|💎 Best Online Casino Payout NZ||Videoslots||💎 Best Slot Selection Casino NZ||Spin Rider|
e-Wallet Pros and Cons at a PayPal Casino NZ
There are a number of pros to using an e-Wallet to deposit at an online casino, but also some cons to look out for. Like anything in life, no deposit or withdrawal method is perfect, but PayPal does offer many players a close to perfect experience - and it is constantly evolving, becoming even better.
- Speed - deposits are instant with e-Wallets, which is to be expected, but withdrawals are also close to instant - with funds returned the same day, usually in a few hours.
- Privacy - thanks to the nature of an e-Wallet, players depositing at a PayPal casino only have to supply their email address to make payment, rather than providing card or banking details.
- Protection - if anything were ever to go wrong with a PayPal user, whether at a PayPal casino or not, the team at PayPal are always on hand to help out, ensuring you always receive the money you are entitled to.
- Fees - there are generally no fees at a PayPal casino when an e-Wallet is used.
- Budgeting - when using a PayPal casino, players that use an e-Wallet can keep their gambling transactions and everyday banking transactions separate, which makes it easier to budget.
- Prepaid Cards - after receiving a withdrawal back to an e-Wallet, players would have found themselves frustrated in the past that they now faced a wait of 2-3 days to transfer the funds to their regular bank account. However, many e-Wallets like PayPal now offer users a prepaid card, which can be used to spend funds instantly in store and online.
- Welcome Bonus - unfortunately many casinos do not let players claim the welcome bonus when using an e-Wallet, however thanks to the rise in PayPal casinos, this often does not apply to PayPal users - applying to other e-Wallet users instead.
- Transfers - if you opt not to use the prepaid card, you can face a wait to move your funds from your e-Wallet to your bank account, even though the withdrawal from the PayPal casino to e-Wallet was instant.
|💎 LeoVegas||Claim Bonus||💎 Spin Rider||Claim Bonus|
|💎 Mr Vegas||Claim Bonus||💎 Dream Vegas||Claim Bonus|
|💎 JackpotCity Casino||Claim Bonus||💎 Videoslots||Claim Bonus|
Casinos That Accept PayPal - Bonuses
When you sign up to casinos that accept PayPal, one of the most exciting aspects is the fact that you will be able to claim a welcome bonus. These bonuses are designed to reward you for your custom, and to say thank you for choosing this particular site. There are a number of bonuses you can expect to find, but we'll explain some of them briefly.
Cash bonuses are some of the most popular at casinos that accept PayPal. Basically, the casino will give you an offer like '100% up to $100', which means they will match 100% (all) of your bonus, up to a maximum of $100. Deposit $100, receive another $100. Deposit $50, receive another $50. You see how it works? Along with receiving 100% offers, you can also see 50%, 75%, 150%, 200%, even 300% or more at casinos that accept PayPal.
|Casino||Bonus Score||Percentage||Free Spins||Claim|
|Mr Vegas||9.8||100%||Yes||Claim Bonus|
|JackpotCity Casino||9.8||100%||Yes||Claim Bonus|
|Dream Vegas||9.7||200%||Yes||Claim Bonus|
When you accept a cash bonus at casinos that accept PayPal, you will be bound by wagering terms. This means you will have to spend a certain amount of money before you can make a withdrawal. Each $1 spent is $1 wagered, whether you win or lose. There will be other requirements too, like maximum stakes within wagering, a time limit to complete the wagering (at least 7 days), restricted games, and potentially a conversion cap - although with any casinos that accept PayPal recommended by us, you can always make a profit on your initial deposit.
❗️ Always check for wagering requirements - the lower the better.
Wagering can be anywhere between 25 and 50x the bonus amount, but the lower the better. You can also receive either sticky or non-sticky bonuses at casinos that accept PayPal - with a non-sticky bonus, you spend your own deposit first and can withdraw at any point, forfeiting your bonus funds. With a sticky bonus, you are bound to complete wagering from the start.
- Wagering Checklist:
- ✅ All cash bonuses have wagering requirements
- ✅ Look for wagering requirements between 25-35x
- ✅ Check T&Cs for the maximum stake
- ✅ Check which games have the highest contribution
- ✅ Know how long you have to complete wagering
- ✅ Check if there is a conversion cap
- ✅ Complete wagering
- ✅ Cash out!
Another popular bonus you can expect to receive at casinos that accept PayPal is a free spins offer. Often, free spins will accompany a cash offer - in this case you will receive less. However, if you take an offer that consists only of free spins you could receive 500 or more.
💡 Free spins are a great option for low stake players.
You will be expected to use free spins on pre-selected games - this may be one game, or you may be able to choose from a list. They may also be awarded over multiple days, with different games available each day. Free spins will often still be subject to wagering requirements at casinos that accept PayPal, but you can find no wagering free spins, where you don't have any wagering requirements and get to keep everything you win.
|Mr Vegas||Yes||Claim Bonus|
|JackpotCity Casino||Yes||Claim Bonus|
No Deposit Bonuses, Loyalty Points, and Welcome Packages
Alongside the above, it is possible to receive the following bonuses:
- No Deposit Bonuses - you can receive a bonus at casinos that accept PayPal that do not require any deposit from you, which means you get a prize without spending a penny of your own money. No deposit bonuses will usually be free spins.
- Loyalty Points - many casinos that accept PayPal will run loyalty programs, where you can progress through levels unlocking rewards like faster withdrawals or cash prizes. As a result, many casinos will award a boost of points upon sign up, but this will usually accompany another offer.
- Welcome Packages - the best of the best, welcome packages are tiered bonuses that reward you not only upon sign up, but also for your second, third, even your fourth deposit at casinos that accept PayPal. Welcome bonuses may contain cash bonuses, free spins, no deposit bonuses - even no wager free spins.
|JackpotCity Casino||100%||70x||No||Claim Bonus|
|Dream Vegas||200%||35x||Yes||Claim Bonus|
|Mr Vegas||100%||35x||Yes||Claim Bonus|
|Spin Rider||200%||35x||Yes||Claim Bonus|
New PayPal Casino
When you're searching for a casino, you may find that you come across a new PayPal casino. If you find yourself wondering 'can I trust it?' then we're here to tell you that we have the answer, and it's a resounding yes - at least where we're concerned. We put each casino that we recommend through rigorous testing, regardless of whether it's a new PayPal casino or an established brand, so if our Hideous Slots experts recommend it, you know it's trustworthy, and will guarantee you a fair, safe, and secure experience.
💡 We put all casinos through rigorous testing, whether they are new PayPal casinos or established brands.
Pros of a new PayPal casino
- Welcome Bonus - due to the competitive nature of the online casino industry, many new PayPal casinos will offer a more lucrative welcome bonus, as they have to try harder to compete with more established brands.
- Recent Releases - as they are just building their catalogue, many new PayPal casinos will have a better selection of recently released pokies.
- Mobile App - many of the most recently established new PayPal casinos will offer a mobile app, so you can enjoy your favourite games on the go.
Pros of an established PayPal casino
- Game Selection - established PayPal casinos will often have a larger selection of pokies overall, along with great options for casino games, live casino games, and live casino game shows.
- Withdrawal Speed - due to their age and how cemented in the market they are, established PayPal casinos will often be able to facilitate faster payments for players.
|💎 Mr Vegas||New||💎 LeoVegas||Established|
|💎 JackpotCity Casino||New||💎 Videoslots||Established|
|💎 Spin Rider||New||💎 Dream Vegas||Established|
PayPal Casino Online - What To Look For
If you're considering joining a PayPal casino online, there are a number of things you should look out for. It will make your life much easier if you have a succinct list of points to consider, which is what we're providing now. You can save this list in your browser favourites, so you can always refer to it if you need.
📝 Save this list so you always know what to look for at any PayPal casino online.
- Safety - even though you might not be providing complex banking information, at a PayPal casino online you still provide your personal information, like your name and address. Always look for casinos that treat your private information with the discretion it deserves.
- Bonus - pay close attention to any PayPal casino online that offers a lucrative welcome bonus, in particular one that can be used with PayPal deposits. You want to ensure you are suitably rewarded for signing up to a casino, and the welcome bonus is the best way to measure this.
- Ongoing Perks and Rewards - so you get rewarded for joining a PayPal casino online, but never get rewarded for continuing to play? Not on our watch. Always look out for casinos that offer ongoing perks and rewards, like cash bonuses, free spins, or loyalty schemes, where you can progress through levels and unlock benefits.
- Support - if something goes wrong, it helps to know you're in good hands, which is why we always recommend looking for a PayPal casino online that offers a dedicated support team, with support available via live chat, email addresses, or phone numbers. Look out for casinos that also offer contact forms, or a selection of FAQs.
- Verification - having to verify yourself at a PayPal casino online is a frustrating task, but one that is often necessary. Therefore, be on the lookout for casinos that offer fast or instant verification, where your documents can be verified in less than an hour. You can also look for casinos that allow you to verify yourself when you sign up, rather than waiting until you make a withdrawal and are asked to do it.
- Pokies - there's nothing worse than finding a great PayPal casino online, only to discover they don't have a great selection of games. You want to pay close attention to the selection of pokies at any casino, and ensure they offer new releases and older, popular releases - along with updating their catalogue weekly.
- Casino Games - even if you only intend on playing pokies, it doesn't hurt to have other options at a PayPal casino online, so look out for casinos that offer casino games, live casino games, or live casino game shows, so you'll always have something to entertain you.
- Payment Methods - when you've found a great PayPal casino online, it doesn't hurt to check out their other payment methods. Maybe you won't be able to use PayPal some day, or you might just want to change, so finding a casino with a variety of payment methods is crucial.
- Withdrawal Speed - as a PayPal user at a PayPal casino online, you'll be treated to nearly-instant withdrawals, but don't forget to check out the speed of other withdrawal methods too, just in case you ever need to change.
|Mr Vegas||Yes||Yes||Claim Bonus|
PayPal Casino Mobile - FAQs
What is the biggest benefit of using PayPal to deposit?
There are a number of benefits to making your deposit through PayPal, including the speed of future withdrawals, the lack of fees, and the budgeting you will be able to do, thanks to these funds being held separately. However, the biggest benefit is in the privacy and protection PayPal offers players - from not having to share your card details, to having a support team on hand if something goes wrong.
Are there any downsides to using a PayPal casino on mobile?
Whilst not exactly a downside, there are a few things to be aware of. Firstly, if you plan to use a different e-Wallet, you may find you are not eligible to claim the welcome bonus at a PayPal casino. However, if you use PayPal, you are generally free to claim any bonus. Also, you may find that you have a small wait to transfer funds from PayPal to your regular bank account, although thankfully PayPal have solved this problem too, by offering a prepaid card to spend funds online and in stores.
How fast can I receive a withdrawal from a PayPal casino on mobile?
Deposits are, of course, instant at a PayPal casino, but did you know withdrawals are close to instant as well? When you use PayPal to deposit and withdraw you'll find your funds returned to your e-Wallet the same day - usually in as little as a few hours.
Can I trust a new mobile PayPal casino?
You absolutely can, especially if it has been recommended by us. We put every casino through the same levels of scrutiny, no matter how old it is, which means you can trust a new PayPal casino on mobile just as much as you can trust an established mobile PayPal casino.
What kind of bonus can I get at a PayPal casino?
When you sign up to a PayPal casino, you will be able to redeem a welcome offer. This can come in many forms, but generally you will see cash bonuses, free spins, no wager free spins, no deposit bonuses, welcome packages, or even loyalty points boosts.
Online Casino PayPal
You should have learned by now that online casinos offering PayPal for payments are some of the best around - offering one of the best payment methods around. Whether you're drawn in by the privacy PayPal offers, the assistance in budgeting, or the speed of withdrawals, there's something for every player at a PayPal casino. However, it can be difficult to find the right brand, especially with so many brands available on the market.
That's where we come in. Our team of experts have decades of experience in the casino industry - as players, as reviewers, we even have experience in talking to other players about their concerns and complaints. Through this experience, we have built up an unrivalled knowledge in online casinos, which is why we put together these guides - to pass this knowledge on to players like you. We scour the internet to find the most trustworthy PayPal casinos, the best offers, and the fastest withdrawals, so you can sit back, relax, and rest easy knowing that our team has matched you with a fair, safe, and secure brand.
💡 We have decades of experience both playing and working in the industry, so we can help you find the best PayPal casino for your needs.